My take on the book...
Ok, so for someone who has never read any of the books from the Narnia series before, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not one for dissecting a book by looking at the author's writing style because I honestly don't pay attention to this stuff when I'm reading.
However, knowing the C.S. Lewis was a devote Christian, it's seems as that he has embedded many of his beliefs into The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. The very foundation of the gospel message is summarized in the last few chapters. Aslan willingly sacrifices his life for Edmund even though Edmund has proven himself to be completely unworthy and not very well liked. He was willing to do whatever it took for the Witch to spare Edmund's life. However, contrary to the Witch's belief, death does not have a hold on Aslan and he returns stronger than ever to defeat the Witch for once and for all.
Aslan = Jesus Christ
Edmund = the sinfulness of humans
Witch = Satan/evil
While it may seem that the other characters in the book have been "good" they themselves are useless against the powers of the evil Witch. It is only when they put their trust in Aslan and are obedient to his leadership that they are able to attain a victory in the end.
So while C.S. Lewis has added his own creativity and imagination to the story, he has managed to convey a message that has existed for many centuries.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home